Tuesday, August 20, 2013

This Girl



Today was my friend Alix's last swimming session with me before she set off to the US for her final semester of her university degree. It was only fitting that her fin, which had been broken for the past 8 months or more, despite my efforts in super-gluing, hot glue gunning and decorating,  to finally completely break though (a little bit of assistance me have been required).

Alix started at my swimming club around 2 years ago and now I could not imagine going to training without her! She made training which would often be a very long and painful two hours, so much more enjoyable, even if that meant just laughing at how bad we were swimming or because we were deliriously tired! She had the smile that could brighten the very dark, cold, 5am plunges into the pool when it was below 5 degrees outside.

I am going to miss this girl, her laugh, her crazy stories about friends, family and the endless renovations to her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment