Monday, August 18, 2014

Mondays


Guilty. I use to hate Mondays. I wouldn't say that I hated my job but it definitely didn't make Mondays overly exciting. There were definitely parts of Physio that I loved! I had some awesome clients whose treatment sessions would just make my day and were so entertaining. But there were only a handful of these spread out through my week.

My current work situation is very much different to how it was a month a go. I am no longer working as a Physio due to my post surgical instructions, instead as you all probably know by know, I am co-director of Perth Fit Chix. And can I just say, I am loving this job!! There is always work to be done with this business so it's not like it really stops over the weekend, but Monday signifies the start of a new week of training with our girls, the launching of new ideas, events and posts and educating and inspiring the people of Perth.

I wake up on a Monday morning and am excited to work. Today for example I was planning an upcoming event that we are putting forward to our Fit Chix. Their first triathlon. I have spent the day coming up with training programs, advertising material and organising guest speakers. I have also trekked out to get clothes printed (which with still being unable to drive is more of a task then it seems). Today has been a productive day which I am just as thankful for as having a job that I love so much that Monday's now are just as good as Friday's.

I have always said that I don't want to work a day in my life. I am a big believer that you should love what you do. If you love what you do, you will give it 100% effort 100% of the time. Not because you have to but because you want to! Money has never been a big driver for me. Sure I want to make enough to survive my day to day life, but I am not going to spend my life doing something I hate just to make a heap of money, which in the type of work you need to make this much means you don't have the time or the lifestyle set up to enjoy it. I would rather live and love each day, then one in every five days. But that's just me.

So how was your Monday? Did you spend it doing things you loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment