Friday, August 1, 2014

31 Day Challenge


Early in July I wrote about taking on a 31 Day Handstand Challenge with a friend in Challenge Accepted. I am happy to report that we have now successfully finished, no killed the challenge. We completed 31 Handstands, or in my case elbow stands over 31 days.

Over the month of July we have gotten more strange looks then you could count when we have been handstanding around the eye-sores of Perth. But those strange looks were well and truly worth it to get some of the highly entertaining shots that we got.

The challenge was supplied by Niche Crossfit, entry costs being donated to the charity of the winners choice. When I wrote my first post about taking on this challenge, I mentioned that I hadn't seen too much improvement in my core and balance. I am happy to report that by the end of the 31 days I have seen a massive improvement. I am successfully able to balance on my elbows away from a wall for a few seconds at a time and have way better spatial awareness of where my body is in space.

Aside from working on my elbow stands and balance over the past 31 days, I am equally, if not more thankful for the fun times and insane laughs I have shared with this girl over the past 31 days. It is not east to hold an elbow stand in the middle of a fit of laughter, trust me I've tried.

I am thankful for the challenge that was set, the improvements I have seen and my incredible handstand partner who has made handstand holding the absolute highlight of my each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment