Saturday, February 1, 2014

Learning And Sharing



Starting this week, I am taking over the Mobility Classes for Imperium Personal Training. It is going to be the first week back after almost two months, so its like a fresh start for the year. I'm sure I'm going to be getting some very stiff, sore and inflexible bodies.

I have spent a fair bit of time this week reading up on the ideas and principles thought up by Trigger Point Performance Therapy, as well as reading this book Becoming a Supple Leopard and watching a hell of a lot of video's made by this same guy Kelly Starrett, who is the man behind Mobility WOD.

What he does is teach people how to look after their own bodies through soft tissue mobilisation  techniques, which help to restore and maintain normal movement characteristics and allow people to continue to train and perform at their desired level.

While going through all this stuff, it has refreshed some concepts that I have already known about, as well as teach me a whole lot more that I can introduce to these classes. But what I have loved even more then learning this stuff, is the passion this man has to normal movement. In each of the videos that I've watched, his motivation and excitement about the human body, its capabilities and his method of treatment is contagious. I am constantly wanting to learn and watch more because his enthusiasm has got me going!

So I am thankful today for passionate educators, for being able to learn and wanting to learn more about the body and its capabilities, and for having the platform to then go on a share it with other...there's a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment