Friday, February 7, 2014

A Really Good Friend

 
 
The other day I wrote about my gratitude towards the RAC and my car related troubles. Well these troubles continued as my car was taken to the mechanics after completely dying on me. It was kept over night as the needed to replace three radiator pipes and clips, fix a coolant leak and replace all my break pads. They were expecting it to be ready by 10 am this morning. At 9.30 I got a call saying they were running a pressure test and had now found that my whole radiator needed replacing also, which they could have done by 12pm. I was suppose to be at work which was 25-30 mins from the mechanics, so I called to confirm this at 11.30 and had everything planned and packed to get to work on time.
 
I had roped in this lovely chick to drop me at the mechanics to pick up my car at 12. I went in, and they told me it would take no more then 10 minutes, they were jus running some final checks. Thank God this friend hung around with me to make sure everything work out. 30 minutes later, still no car and they were still trying to test. 10 minutes after that it was going to be another hour. At this point, I'm freaking out, calling work and asking them to move my first two patients and planned to wait another 30 minutes to see if they could get it done otherwise, alternate plans would have to be made.
 
That 30 minutes comes to an end and they say at least another hour. Oh My God!!! But this amazing friend stuck by my side and volunteered to drive me all the way to work in Cockburn with my three bags and highly strung emotional state. She was an absolute life saver and would not have survived the day without her help.
 
I am unbelievably thankful to have such great friends like this amazing girl in my life and can honestly not thank her enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment