Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fathers



The first Sunday of September brings about Fathers Day. The day where families all around the world celebrate the fathers, grandfathers and father like figures and all they contribute to their children's lives whether is be through breakfast in bed (most of which mum has to cook) or suppling him with the latest power tool for him to play with out in blokes world (the shed).

Slightly different in my family...no one stays in bed long enough to get served breakfast in bed, let alone pull a fry pan out of the cupboard! Dad was out the door at 7.15 for a run, and I wasn't far behind him. My brother on the other hand was yet to come in it from the night before. By about 10.30 we were all back in again, where we could give Dad his gift - pre-paid tour of the Ferrari Museum on his upcoming Italy trip. We had lunch with my aunty and uncle and two of my cousins, and my grandparents.

From there it was off to Dad's Day at the usual girls on bootcamp! So pumped he was keen to walk there to get the full bootcamp experience. And you know what, he actually held on ok for an old man! A great day with the man who has taught me so much in life and instilled so many values in me, I know I don't thank him anywhere near enough, but it is this day where Dad's everywhere can be celebrated so much to make up for the days we forget to say thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment