Friday, September 6, 2013

Luck



Mum wanted Bruce Springsteen tickets which were going on sale at 9am today. She had previously tried for presale four days before, but they had sold out with in minutes. So she recruited some help, more, someone who was more technologically skilled then she was so that we had any chance of securing some tickets. And so I set up the above scene - the home computer, my laptop and the iPad all connected to the ticket website and constantly refreshing as the time ticked over 9am.

It was all go. I was refreshing all three for about 30 seconds before my laptop connected and we scored the tickets she was after. Although I may have had technology on my side, luck was definitely in play today. The tickets were completely sold out within minutes and mum had spoken to many different people throughout the day who were unsuccessful.

No comments:

Post a Comment