Saturday, November 9, 2013

Complete Strangers


I'd had a pretty bad morning. My juniors couldn't remember their dances (4 weeks out from the concert and we have been practicing the same routines for over 20 weeks now), my iPod ran out of battery and my phone didn't have the music on it, so they ended up dancing to my counting, which was mixed with me screaming corrections over 40 pairs of tap shoes.
 
By the time I finished teaching I was exhausted and did some stupid things on my drive home. For example, I had apparently turned the lights of my car on (it was midday) and didn't realise I'd done it until about five minutes into the trip. I had put my car into reverse instead of drive and as I started rolling my brain couldn't tell my foot to hit the breaks, I was centimetres away from the car behind me by the time the breaks were on. So I cried, the whole way home. Within an hour and a half of being home, I was still extremely worked up...the only way to calm myself down and clear my head? Go for a swim.
 
Jumped in a lane with one other guy I didn't know just plodding along and swam a straight 1500m before I felt calm enough to stop for a breath. When I did the other guy in my lane had also stopped for a rest. I lift my goggles and he said to me

  "Jesus, you swim like a fish! I swim two laps and I'm completely stuffed but you just keep going,      it's amazing!"

Day Made! I started trying to talk myself down a little and compliment his swimming in return, but then I remembered, I'm trying to receive. So I shut up and said Thank You.

Thankyou stranger in my lane, you brightened my day more then you could understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment