Thursday, November 14, 2013

Party Rock Anthem


I taught a group of Year 12 Borders at an all boys school a hip hop dance for them to perform at their Annual Borders Ball. The boys had chosen the song they wanted to do, Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO was the one, and pretty much all the boys wanted to do was shuffle. So I was brought in, to not only teach them to shuffle, but to string together a few other simple steps for them to do over and over again.

The boys were good fun to work with and (most of them) tried so hard week in week out. Not many of them being natural born dancers they had a lot to pick up in a pretty short amount of time, but were completely happy to make absolute fools of themselves and have a good time while they are doing it.

Every time I here Party Rock Anthem now, I can't help but think of these guys and have a laugh to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment