Friday, November 29, 2013

An Urban Desent


I was driving home through the city from a morning run in Kings Park on Sunday morning as was stopped at the traffic lights to look up for just a second and see people dangling off the top of this very tall building! After my double take, I realised they weren't just dangling, they were abseiling down the side of the building.

Looking closer at the bottom of the building I saw banners up advertising the Abseil for PMH. This was an event where people got sponsorship to lower themselves off the side of this huge building, all raising money for our states children's hospital. At first I thought, wow these people are nuts, but once I found out the reason why they are doing this, this thought changed to pride in these compete strangers for doing something most of them would be terrified of.
If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try
 
This is something I saw written not too long ago when I was trying to change some big things in my life and I was terrified. Now I try not to let the fear get in the way and try to look at the bigger picture. These people did not let their fear get in the way of helping thousands of sick children and as a result raised over $378, 000 for the sick kids of WA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment