Sunday, July 27, 2014

Multicoloured Roses


Have you ever seen these before? I had never seen them when my friend came to pick me up from hospital with them. A-mazing!!!! The most incredible flowers I have ever seen in my life and made me so happy!!

Mesmerised but so confused, I had to find out how they did this. And where do you go when you want answers? Google. I managed to find a couple of YouTube videos outlining the step by step process to getting rainbow roses.

Using a knife you split the ends of the stem into multiple segments so it looks like you rose stem has roots. You then fill small bowls with different colours of food dye. Leaving the roses in a bunch, place each 'root' in a different colour pot of food dye. Leaving the roses for a good 24-48 hours, they slowly suck the colour up into the petals, causing them to change colour.

How cool is that?! Whoever worked that one out is a very clever and creative individual. Every time I walk into the room these flowers make me smile. How could you not smile at multi-coloured roses? Stay tuned for my attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment