Sunday, December 15, 2013

Outside


To be honest, today I was really struggling to find something to be thankful for. Don't get me wrong, I know I have thousands of things in my life each and every day that I should be thankful for, but today I couldn't appreciate them. Normally when writing my post each day I don't really have to think too hard about it. I see something, do something or remember something that makes me smile and that's it! Another day down. But today was truly one of those days. I normally write my post in the morning, but it had gotten to 2pm today and I was still stumped.

I was feeling trapped and claustrophobic. I was trying to distract myself with work, study, even Pinterest didn't cut it today. So when I couldn't handle it anymore the only thing I could think of to do was go and sit outside. I have always been an outside person, but had you told me that 6 months ago I would have disagreed with you. I don't know if it's the fresh air or the open space of the fact that my family might leave me alone when I'm out there, but sometimes things are just better when your outside. 

So I sat. I couldn't focus on anything. I had a book there, I'd brought some work out with me to do but couldn't bring myself to do that either. I just sat there. For an hour. When it came to me, thank god I can get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment