Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Christmas Pageant


For me the Christmas Pageant really starts off the festive season. Before that, it's just December. But from the night of the Christmas Pageant I feel like Christmas is just around the corner and this event starts the season off with a bang.

Growing up as a dancer I have been in the Pageant more times then I can count and just when I thought I would be done with it, I'm called back for one last year with some of my kids on the float out school was allocated this year.

We practised our smiles and waves and calling out Merry Christmas for the few hours we were held in the Convention Centre before making our way to the float and the girls were so excited. We had a Channel 7 news reader as our personality on the float with them and she was lovely with the girls and kept their excitement alive.

Walking through the streets of Perth I think the crowd continues to grow every year and it was fantastic to see so many people out on the streets waving and smiling. So it's here now, Christmas is upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment