Thursday, December 5, 2013

Palm Trees


We have a few of these trees around the place, mostly down on the foreshore or along the river, pretty much in the places I run. And I think I like to run in these places because I love these trees. When I see them I think of two places - Hawaii and LA. I'm sure these trees are found in other places then just these two, but they are what spring to my mind.

I have been to Hawaii, and while I'm not normally a summer person, I loved the laid back tropical feel of the place, and there were palm trees everywhere. LA, I have never been to but is somewhere I would like to get to sometime soon. I have seen so many photos of the palm trees on Santa Monica Beach which looks amazing, so when I see these trees lining our river, that's where my mind jumps to.

Running along, often struggling when I come across my favourite trees, the struggling is gone just for a few moments and its like I'm on a mini vacation in my mind. Then I'm past the trees and the struggling returns, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment