Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Big Day (part two)



Excitement, nerves and tension every where. From the second I arrive at the venue I am run off my feet. I have kids arriving without their first costumes on, without their hair braided and earrings still in. The photo on the top right was taken by my aunty (I teach my cousin - top left) while I was lining up my Kindies for their tap when I realised that one of them had black tap shoes - their costume was beige tap shoes. So I was running around trying to find a pair of beiges ones we could quickly borrow when my aunty calls out "Chloe are you having fun yet' ....ARE YOU KIDDING! Hence the laugh.

Back stage, I had a one of my juniors come up to me and say 'Miss Chloe, I can't remember the dance at all!' Bless! I told her that as soon as she heard the music, it would come back to her. And it did. All my dancers did a fantastic job. For the first year since I began teaching my Juniors didn't even need to look at me in the wings to see what came next. They smiled big, stretched their feet and smashed their dances.

My Kindies were gorgeous! They made it through both dances without any massive stuff ups and got huge cheers from the audience. I am so proud of all my kids. They all did an amazing job and had so much fun with no tears (except from me) this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment