Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Busselton Jetty


Sorry, another post that's Ocean/South West related. And from someone that is really not a beach goer too, wow! But really how could you not be thankful about a scene like this?

My final day down south and the clouds lift, the sun comes out and it is warm. After packing up my car, which I have been practically living out of for the past few days, I drove down into central Busselton to have one last walk along the beach and sat on the grass for an hour before it was time to journey back home.

The Busselton Jetty is a 1.8km Jetty that's stretches out into the Indian Ocean. It is a big ass jetty and is heritage listed as the longest timber piled jetty in the southern hemisphere. Construction was begin in 1865 and kept getting extended until it reached 1.8km 90 years later. Over the years it has undergone restorations and now has it's own train and Underwater Observatory at the end of the jetty.

This landmark is known world over as a ridiculously long Jetty and I am proud to say we have it in our own back yard. It is days like this, blue skies and sparkling blue water that I am so thankful to live where I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment