Friday, May 9, 2014

My Fish Sitter


People who own dogs or cats get someone to come house sit when they go away, or their put their furry friend in a kennel. When we had bunnies, my aunty would have to come daily to feed them. Birds, you just give them a hell of a lot of seed and leave them, they'll be ok! But what do you do with a fish?

I'll tell you what you do, you cover the bowl and glad wrap and punch a hell of a lot of holes in the top so he can still breathe. You put the bowl in a bucket and wrap towels around the sides so the bowl doesn't move. You then put the bucket in the car and put on his seat belt....yep every precaution is taken! You then drive at 20km/h, even slower around corners so your awesome fish sitters house and carefully carry the bucket onto their house.

I was laughed at when I did up franklins seat belt. Who puts a seatbelt around their fish?? my friend asked me. Well when you have a fish that actively tries to die by going on hunger strikes or jumping out of his bowl, you do what ever you can to protect him. So yep, I put a seatbelt around my fish!

But I am thankful for my awesome fish sitter, who kept Franklin safe from the cat, fed him, and looked after him like he was her own...what can I say, I'm a little attached to my fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment