Thursday, May 1, 2014

Getting Our Roll On


Two Days.

And I was feeling a little beaten down. My harder training sessions for the week were over, deep tissue was done the day before and I finished my last short run earlier this morning. I was sore and I was tired. So I started rolling. My main concern was my left hip, which has been pinching for the last few days. So while also doing some of my online work, I spent a good hour getting my roller and ball into my hip flexors, couch stretching the crap out of my hips and quads and then rolling my quads. Ouch.

My brother, who is also racing on the weekend came home when I was around half way through and walked in to see me in strange positions on the living room floor. So he went and grabbed the other roller and a ball of his own, came back and said 'tell me what to do'.

So there we were on floor of the living room with balls, rollers and legs going everywhere when Mum decided it was the perfect moment to pull out the camera...HIDE YOUR PAIN FACE!!!

My ball and roller have literally been coming with me everywhere - gym, work, home, it's almost as important as my phone and keys!! Hopefully I will wake up feeling looser and less sore tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment