Saturday, May 17, 2014

Following Through


For Christmas this year, I gave my brother a waterproof, Bluetooth speaker which I had ordered online with plenty of time to arrive in time for Christmas Day. But it didn't.

So I had to think on my feet as to what I could present to him on Christmas morning. I ended up making a voucher, showing him what was on its way when it were to finally arrive, and to sweeten the deal (literally) I made another voucher which entitled him to a batch of any cupcakes that he wanted.

I haven't made cupcakes in a very long time and he had been asking me, when was I going to make some? Not really sure why there had been such a big gap between batches. I don't eat the cupcakes, I make them and give them to others. For example when I was in my final year of uni and on placements, it was an unwritten rule that the students would bake at some point in the last week of each prac. So every 5 weeks I was having to whip up a batch of cupcakes in all the spare time I had! Some nights I would be up til early hours of the morning getting them done!

But since uni, my cupcake creating had been virtually non-existent. Apparently my brother noticed! So when he got his cupcake voucher, he already knew which ones he wanted. Oreo Cupcakes. I had made these a couple of times before, and he had smashed his way through the left overs before I even got them to the placement.

He walked into the office where I was working a couple of days ago and said I would like to exchange in my voucher this weekend. I want my Oreo Cupcakes. Ahhhh, ok so I had to set aside a good two hours at some point this weekend to get these cupcakes out.

Luckily for my ridiculous body clock, I was awake at 5.15am this Saturday morning. I wanted to get in a run, and I had someone coming for massage at 9.30. So instead of chilling out like I had planned for my Saturday morning, I threw on my running gear and was out the door by 5.30am (it seemed like I was the only one in Perth up at this hour on a Saturday...it was dead!). Managed a solid 9km run which felt surprisingly good and came home to make a start on these cupcakes.

An hour and a half later, they were done. PB I swear! And an hour and thirty one minutes later, he started eating them....bets on how long they will last? I'm going to start the bidding at end of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment