Saturday, May 24, 2014

Team Training


ONE WEEK TO GO!!! We had our weekly private session this morning with our coach and learnt a lot about stratergy, or more precisely, playing to each others strengths. Before that though, we had 5 minutes to find our 1RM power snatch. I dropped out first at 30kg, the pocket rocket next at 32.5 and the beast last at 35kg.

Then it was into the work out. The whole WOD was made up of three rounds, each lasting 6 minutes, with one minute rest in between to decide between us how to tackle the next round.

Round 1: Air Bike and 30kg Thrusters. One person would ride, while the other two would tag in and out of the thrusters to get out as many reps as possible. Due to my love of cardio, I was thrown on the bike for 2 mins to start off with while the other two smashed out the thrusters. On change I tagged into the thrusters while the other two took it in turns to get out 1 minute on the bike each before I went back on for the last two minutes.

Round 2: Ergo and 40kg Power Cleans. Similar set up to the first round, one person on the rower while the other two getting out power cleans. Of course I'm on the rower, but with more even intervals this time for each member on and off the ergo.

Round 3: Skifit, hand release push ups and isometric hang. One person is hanging while another is doing push ups and can only do push ups while the other is hanging...while the cardio member is slogging it out. All of these exercises, each of us were equally strong at, so we were just pushing out the reps at a maintained pace until fatigue and then calling a change.

I am excited to say that when we worked our total and had a look at what the other teams had done earlier that day, we were competitive!! We have a diverse team which I think plays in our favour. So what did I learn today? How to play to each others strengths and that decisions are going to need to be made fast and under pressure.

Today I am more then thankful for my amazing team and (hold on to your chairs) I am starting to get excited about this competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment