Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Tipping Method


I am in an AFL tipping competition both at home with mine and my best friends family, and also a competition at work. It is safe to say that I don't follow AFL, at all. I could count on one hand the number of players I knew in the entire league. I'm just not into our nations sport.

So when I comes to submitting my weekly tips, I am a little behind the eight ball with my knowledge as to who are the favourite for each game, the ins and outs and history between the teams...really who has time to keep up with this? I know people who will go and do research before submitting their tips. Not me.

Due to my lack of AFL knowledge I complete my tips using a different method. Colours and Logos. I look at the two teams in a game, and the team with a colour combination I like more, will get my vote. If I'm torn between the colours, I resort to logo's. The team with the best logo wins. For example - my can do no wrong team: North Melbourne Kangaroos. White and a nice blue, and a kangaroo. What can go wrong? My always fail team Adelaide Crows - terrible colour combination of navy red and yellow, and a crow?! Gross.

If you hadn't picked it already, my tipping method certainly doesn't take me to the top of the leader board. However it does give me a good chance in those crazy rounds when the predictions are turn on their heads and no one picks the under dogs...except me because I don't know any better.

This round just gone was one of those. I managed to get a perfect score of 9/9, absolutely shocked everyone I work with as I am currently sitting at the bottom of that ladder, and managed to score $5!! My manager was also so excited as to highlight my congratulatory note in colours to reflect my abstract method of tipping.

So it may not be the most sound way of picking my teams, but it keeps me entertained and in the past has brought me up to a round win, I'm not changing any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment