Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Quiet House


I have had this page open for almost four hours now and I keep going away and coming back. I'm stumped today. Of course I have hundreds of things in my life that I am thankful for every single day...but none of them were right.

I have been sitting here for a little while now, when I realised how quiet it is in my house at the moment. Everything is still, there is no one coming in a questioning me every few minutes about one thing or another. My brother is not blasting his music or the trash TV he always watches. Nope all I can hear is the buzz of the air-con (its really hot!).

My family are goes. Constantly moving and doing a hundred things at once, you would think that my house is something like a hospital. Not because of all the sick people, but because there are always people here, and always running around doing things at a fast pace...yes literally running. And for this moment, while I'm trying to think just about what I am doing right now, I am thankful for not having all these other distractions in the house. There is no one else home and everything is still. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I love to just be able to take in the silence.

And home comes my brother. Oh well the silence was nice while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment