Sunday, March 23, 2014

New Life Events


I made it through high school. Survived the year of 18th . Dressed my way through the year of 21st. Graduated university, endured my first year or work in my chosen profession and most recently bought my way into the real estate market. I'm growing up.

But what really made me aware of how old I truly am getting now was that last night I had my first engagement party for a friend that is my age. Its time for marriage! WHAT?!?!?!

I went through a very intense four year Physio degree with the guy, had a lot of classes with him and pretty much carried him through our prac year (though he won't admit it!). Throughout uni he was a traditional Aussie bloke. He had grown up on a farm, came to the city to go to boarding school and then did what he thought he was suppose to do and considering he had the marks went on to study Physio.

One morning though, on the bus together on our way to the major Perth hospital, where we were on the same ward for our Cardio Placement, he announces to me "yeah I'm done with Physio'. I laughed! He has always be a scrape by on the bare minimum effort kind of guy and throughout the four years you could tell that Physio was not his passion, farming was. Harvest and his crops and sheep were all he would ever talk about. So on the same day that we finished our degree ending exam, when the rest of us went out that night and every other night that week, he drove straight back to the farm and started working. And has done the same in the 14 months since.  

Throughout these four years I met his new fiancé a number of times. She came to all our balls and social events and it was almost like she was in the degree with us! So celebrating the engagement of these two gorgeous people last night was so exciting and I was thankful to be a part of it.

So I have now entered the period of my life where wedding bells are in the air...no time soon for me though! I would need a man in my life to make that one happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment