Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Surprises


As previously mentioned, it was my birthday earlier this week. And it was also mentioned that I don't tend to do much for my birthday, just a casual family thing and that's it for another year. Apparently this is no longer allowed.

I was asked a little while ago what I was doing for my birthday, and I gave my usual response of 'Hmmm nothing much'. I got the reply of  'well you have to do something!'...yeah nah!

So Sunday night I was told I was going to watch a movie, and if you know me, sitting and watching a movie is an extremely difficult task for me to complete. I was told I was going to be worn out prior to make me sit....sounded completely normal to me, it's been done before.

Went out for the walk and came down onto the foreshore where there were a whole heap of different groups of people around doing the Sunday arvo BBQ or picnic thing. We were kind of approaching a tree that had balloons and streamers tried in it and I could see a bigger group of people in the background playing a game of cricket. Cute, I thought, its someone's birthday.

I was then told to stand in front of the tree to take a birthday photo...this is did think was a little weird. Who stands in front of a tree covered in balloons and takes a photo? And I could see someone behind the tree as well...awkward!! But I wasn't getting out of this photo.

Before I know it I hear people screaming Happy Birthday and running our from the tree behind me popping party poppers and throwing streamers at me. Oh wow!! I was completely unsuspecting which amazes me because I am normally very clued in to things like this...but I got nothing until I was told to stand in front of a balloon covered tree....from like a whole week of planning.

I am not normally a fan of surprises. I like to know what is going to happen and when, and I have to know the plan at all times. But just this once I can make an exception. So today and all this week I am extremely appreciative and thankful to the people who care about me and go to this much effort to celebrate my birthday!! I love them all dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment