Monday, March 3, 2014

Slides



Did you know that pretty much in the middle of Perth City there is a huge slide? I sure didn't. I was walking with this lovely lady early Sunday morning and we were taking the long way around to Kings Park and Jacobs Ladder which meant we walked along Mounts Bay Road (a major road that leads directly into the CBD) and crossed paths with this huge 20m long slide! Who would have known. So of course we embraced our inner child and took pause for a minute to slide.

Despite having lived in this city all my life, it never ceases to surprise me. As well as stumbling along this slide, we also found a waterfall, yep in the middle of the city. We truly have one of the strangest and bizarre cities. We have a huge botanical garden right next to the major freeway of the state. We have a river that is more like half an ocean running through the central suburbs. you have drive 20 minutes in one direction and be at a white sandy beach or 20 minutes in the other direction and be in a forest. We have one of the biggest nightlife locations practically next to the state library. Nothing makes sense here.

And in my world of things having to make sense all the time, and my need to know why about everything, it is probably the best place in the world for me to be living. Excited to see what I find next!

No comments:

Post a Comment